maandag 9 juni 2014

William C. Skinner -- 8 juni 1888

William Cobbett Skinner (1857-1947) was een Amerikaanse zijdefabrikant. In 1888 hield hij een dagboek bij.

June 8, 1888, Friday
Beautiful day - Arrived in Chicago on time 9:50 A.M. Chicago time and sent my satchel to the Hotel Richelieu and went myself to the store where I find everybody & eveything. O.K. – Arthur Warren is here in this city at the Palmer and I think I shall leave the Richelieu and go to the Palmer - the Richelieu is with a European plan $3.00 per day for room – it is a very swell hotel overlooking the lake – Took a bath at the Palmer House .50 cts. very good as I am awful dirty as the ride here has been very dusty.

June 9, 1888, Saturday
Beautiful day but very warm – Recd. letter from Father saying everything was going on splendidly at the house – Store closed early it being Saturday so Luce [Austern] & I went around to see the city – I am very much surprised at the growth of Chicago & the beautiful buildings that have been and are being put up in this respect I think Chicago is ahead of N.Y. City.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten