woensdag 7 augustus 2013

Jervis McEntee -- 16 augustus 1874

Sunday, Aug 16, 1874- Closes a week of some anxiety in contrast to the happy frame of mind I have been in, mainly I think owing to there being so much confusion in the house and my feeling a sense of responsibility which I have not been under heretofore. Putnam sent me proofs of five of my drawings which are only tolerable. I was in hopes they would be much better. We hear from my father & mother in Hillsboro. They are enjoying their visit. I wrote them yesterday to stay as long as they wished. Calvert was to have come up on Friday and we were to have gone on Saturday on the hills north of Kingston, with a view of exploring the country but he did not come nor did he come last night as we expected. I must get to work for I am suffering from having no earnest work on hand. The season is coming now which suggests pictures and I must be thinking when I shall go. Wrote to Eastman Johnson at Nantucket to Stoddard to Putnam about the proofs which I returned telling him I was not entirely satisfied with them but that they might seem more satisfactory after they were printed with the text in the book.


Jervis McEntee (1828-1891) was een Amerikaaanse schilder. Hij hield van 1872 tot 1890 een dagboek bij.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten