woensdag 7 augustus 2013

Grete Lainer (?) -- 15 augustus 19??

August 15th. Yesterday Robert told me that there are some schoolboy societies where they do very improper things, but that never happened in their society. But he didn't say what. I said, the stripping naked seems to me awful; but he said, Oh, that's nothing, that must happen if we're to trust one another, it's all right as long as there's nothing improper. I wish I knew what. I wish I knew whether Oswald knows about it, and whether he is in such a society or in a proper one and whether Father was in one. If I could only find out. But I can't ask, for if I did I should betray Robert. When he sees me he always presses my left wrist without letting anyone see. He said that is the warning to me to be silent. But he needn't do that really, for I never would betray him whatever happened. He said: The pain is to bind you to me. When he says that his eyes grow dark, quite black, although his eyes are really grey and they get very large. Especially in the evening when we say goodbye, it frightens me. I'm always dreaming of him.


Afkomstig uit het anonieme A Young Girl's Diary, dat in 1919 (met een voorwoord van Sigmund Freud) werd uitgegeven. Het dagboek wordt wel toegeschreven aan ene Grete Lainer.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten