zondag 12 maart 2017

John Dee -- 12 maart 1593

John Dee (1527–1608/1609) was een Engels humanist, filosoof, wiskundige, geograaf, astroloog en adviseur van koningin Elizabeth I. Hij hield een journaal bij, dat is gepubliceerd als The Private Diary of Dr. John Dee.

March 12th and 13th, these two nights I dremed much of Mr. Kelly, as if he wer in my howse familiar with his wife and brother.

March 17th, Francis Garland cam home and browght me a letter from Mr. Thomas Kelly. I made acquayntance with Syr Thomas Chaloner, Knight, who married sergeant Fletewood’s dowghter; Mr. Thomas Webbes was the meanes. At six after none receyved from Mr. Francis Nicholls £15, part of one hundred pounds, the rest whereof £85 is to be receyved from Mr. Nicolls within a fortnight after the Annunciation of Our Lady next; and after that in the beginning of June £100, and in Julie the third hundred powndes: and I am to teach him the conclusion of fixing and teyning the moon, &c.

April 3rd, Bartilmew Hikman and Robert Charles cam up. Letice cam with Barthilmew, and went away agayn.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten