dinsdag 15 februari 2022

Emmeline Tracy • 16 februari 1855

• Uit het dagboek 1854-1855 van Emmeline Tracy (1825-1871), een Amerikaanse huisvrouw.

Feb. 16 Friday evening. Little did I think last Saturday evening when recording the burial of Harriet Amanda that, the next funeral I attended I should sit as mourner. It is so. Today we have consigned to the cold grave, Edward Payson, Uncle Bulkley's youngest child. He was nearly 4 years old and a great favorite with all the family. His sickness was short, only from Monday night to 1 o'clock Thursday morning--disease the prevailing sore throat and the same their other little boy, Harlan Page died with. The funeral was at the house. Mr. Corss preached from Job 5, 18. On Sunday last we did not get to church in season to hear the morning text, but in the afternoon, it was John 10, 5. John Phelps came home with us and in the evening, we went to Uncle Bulkleys and that is the last time I saw Payson alive. From there I went to Uncle Seldens and stayed till Monday night, when I went to Literary meeting. Miss Mary Andrus and Mr. Chauncey Lyman read the paper which was very good. I was appointed next editress and Mr. Jas. Graves will assist me. On Tuesday Mary, Mary Ellen and I visited at Dr. Bullocks and in the evening Lark and I called at A. E. Childs. On Wednesday at Mr. Durfeys, came home that night and went over again last evening. Miss Flora came back with us and is here yet. Thus with me it has been a busy week.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten