woensdag 10 april 2019

Susan Sontag • 11 april 1967

As Consciousness is Harnessed to Flesh bevat (dagboek)notities van schrijfster Susan Sontag (1933-2004) uit de periode 1964-1980-.

4/11/67
Cocteau says: Primitives make beautiful things because they've never seen any others. Analogous to what I did as a child. I started thinking using my mind, because I'd never seen anyone do it. I didn't think anyone had a mind except in the Pantheon (mostly dead, foreign) - Mme. Curie, Shakespeare, Mann, etc. Everyone else was like my mother, Rosie, Judith. If I'd known about the middle ground - all the intelligent, thoughtful, sensitive people, who knows? I might never have gone on + on + on with my mind. For partly I did that because I thought no one was taking care of that at all. The mind needed my help to survive.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten