maandag 4 juni 2018

Amos Claycomb - 5 juni 1900

Amos Claycomb uit Sycamore, Illinois was in 1900 14 jaar oud.

Tuesday, June 5, 1900
It has been a very nice day today. It was 80º above at noon.
I rode Louise’s wheel to school this morning and walked home tonight.
It is George’s birthday today and he is eleven years old.

Wednesday, June 6, 1900
It has been either cloudy or raining about all the time today. It was 84º above at noon.
When I went after the cows it began raining and I got very wet.
I lost my knife going after the cows tonight.

Thursday, June 7, 1900
It has been a very nice day today. It was 80º above at noon.
I went to a ballgame this afternoon. The Sycamores played the Warrens of Chicago and got beat 4 to 2.

Friday, June 8, 1900
It has been a very nice day. It was 89º above at noon.
I had the pony shod this morning. I had one of my teeth filled with silver this afternoon.

Saturday, June 9, 1900
It has been a very nice day.
The nine that I am in played another nine this morning and we beat them 14 to 11.
I pulled mustard out of an oat field and while doing it I found an Indian arrowhead.

Sunday, June 10, 1900
It has been a very nice day to day.
I went to Sunday school at noon.
Papa and Eleanor went to a funeral this afternoon.
I had eleven little chickens hatch today. I have now more than 40 little chickens.

Monday, June 11, 1900
It has been a nice day today. It was 80º above at noon.
I played ball a little after school tonight.

Tuesday, June 12, 1900
It has been a very nice day today.
We are having a new hardwood floor being laid in our front hall.
I played ball a little after school tonight.

Wednesday, June 13, 1900
It rained quite a while this morning but it cleared up this afternoon. It was 78º above at noon.
I went up town for a while after supper tonight.

Thursday, June 14, 1900
It has been a very nice day but is a little cooler than usual tonight.
School let out today and I am now in the eight grade.
Grandma came home from Idaho last night. She went into Chicago this morning but is back now.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten