woensdag 1 december 2021

Ebenezer Parkman • 2 december 1747

Ebenezer Parkman (1703-1782) was dominee in het Amerikaanse Westborough in Massachusetts. Hij hield een groot deel van zijn leven een dagboek bij.

1747 December 2 (Wednesday). N.B. A Sorrowful accident befell us in the Night. My son Ebenezer being greatly fatigu’d with his worrying in the Day, sat sleeping by the fire after we were come up to Bed, with his Head upon his Arms on his Knees: his Elbows slip’d from his Knees and his Chair slip’d away from under him, and he fell into the Fire -- his Hands were both burnt, his right Hand especially which threw him into great pain and smart. For his Relief I immediately kill’d a Cat and he wash’d his Hands in the Blood. God be prais’d he was awak’d and enabled to get out of the Fire! May the Providence of God be Sanctify’d to both him and us!

1747 December 3 (Thursday). N.B. After Exercise I desir’d their Help in getting Wood next Monday, because of my sons Lameness.

1747 December 4 (Friday). A very difficult Morning. The Snow deep -- my son lame and unable to go to the Barn. I was oblig’d to go myself.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten